Tuesday 19 May 2020

Mental Health Awareness Week - May 2020


It's Tuesday, May 19th 2020.  Mental Health Awareness Week is running all this week. 

Four months have passed since I last wrote a blog. At the start of 2020 I thought I would continue to write a monthly blog, but it hasn't happened. I still feel as strongly as I always have done about Emotional Health, but I think I lost motivation since not writing a monthly newspaper column and after publishing, 'Wise Words'. 

Then the pandemic Covid-19 appeared on the scene and probably when I should have been writing on this blog, I haven't. Why not? Who knows? But I haven't been totally inactive.

On Monday, March 16th, my husband and I went into lockdown at home. Not full lockdown, we have a walk every day and shop a couple of times a week. On that first Monday,  I thought that as President of the Soroptimist International Yorkshire Region, I should try to keep in touch with Yorkshire members and posted a short post on the Soroptimist -Yorkshire Facebook Page. I started it, slightly tongue in cheek, 'Glen Cottage Isolation Unit. Day 1'. I had no plans to continue everyday, but it was well received and today I have just written my Day 64 posting. There is no end in sight...yet. I also post on the Soroptimist International GBI page and Twitter pages too.

There is a mixture of themes so they don't get too predictable. Soroptimist projects, humorous links and national campaigns. 

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and I felt that I must open up my blog again. 

Today's theme is about control. We need to have a sense of control and like the story of the Three Bears, too much or too little can cause emotional health problems. I have come across the two information images, one for adults, one for children. The picture of the wolf on the adult picture is a reminder of the  story attributed to Native Americans.  There are two wolves, which one thrives? The one you feed most.

I like being back on this blog and will return.

©AlisonRRussell2020













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.